The Luggage Shuffle

Today's blog episode will focus on the theme of overpacking. And thus begins, the luggage shuffle.

Obviously, from my previous entries I overpacked. THe 5th grader has eaten a lot of McDonald's or something and has now morphed into a middle schooler.

At Pierre Parent's apartment, Ila and I had a think about the next days travel to Bulgaria. We have virtually no time between our flight to Muchince then on to Sofia. So we decided to really pack light and move all of our toiletries into one bag, check it, and carry on the rest of our stuff.

Considering how I plan on spending the next week in nought but my swimming suit, that shouldn't be a problem.

So we leave poor Mr. Parent with the guts of our stuff and head to Charles De Gaulle. We manage to make the morning commuter train, which is stuffed with positively pleasant Parisians. Yeah right.

After the train Ila and I feel nauseous but we make it to the airport. Only 1 more train, check in lines and several more moving sidewalks until we are here, sitting at the gate, about to eat baguette and cafe au lait.

So already I want to ship stuff home and I've only been here 1 day! Though I seriously cannot imagine what I could take out that would make a difference and I could live without. Luckily, the padres are coming over and I can send them home with the obligatory amount of stuff.

If we don't unload soon, the luggage shuffle will soon become the luggage trudge.

No comments: