Plamen, the Cuban, and Mario

Last night I may or may not have fallen in love with a Bulgarian pop icon, Ila may or may not have been in a dance contest with Bulgarian strippers and Emilia may or may not be "in luv wit a stripper."

What happens in Bulgaria stays... documented in my blog.

Boys 2 D Max (I recommend YouTubing them if you have no idea what I'm talking about) played in Sofia last night. Of course we went. Of course we were front row for the hot boys and of course Emilia informed them that we were Americans.

If anyone at Club Exit didn't know our names and place of birth last night, the may just be retarded.

So during the show, Plamen, aka the most gorgeous green eyed MC I have ever seen asked for 3 dancers to participate in the show. Since at that point Ila was closer to the stage, we pushed her into it.

Man, I have never seen moves like those before! And Ila's weren't bad either.

She was being tossed around like a sock puppet. Then the genre of music changed and she had to belly dance. Did I mention Leo, her partner, was half Cuban? Yeah, shake those hips Shakira. It ended with some absurd moves with Ila standing over some other girl and doing this bizarre shimmy.

All in all, I would pay good money to see that again. Here's a fun fact about Bulgaria... I made a video of the dance! Ransom someday.

So Mario, the most cute, buff and tall dancer was catching Emilia's eye. After the show, we wanted to meet the boys and apparently they come around and talk to people. But alas, not last night. We stayed and danced to a random conglomeration of dance, house and techno (not that I even know the difference) and Umbrella - Rihanna came on. We were the only cute girls left in the club and every boy was staring at us. Fantastic.

The night ended somewhere around 4am and we took a cab home. We saw Plamen once more before leaving but sadly, I think that is where our love story ends.

Today we're heading to the beach on the Black Sea. We are picking up Marcolito at the airport and hitting the highway. 6 hours until we are on the beach. Emilia and I plan on having a crazy weekend.

Did I mention Boys 2 D Max put on a show at the Black Sea? Look out chicos, here we come.

Plamen, the Cuban and Mario... and Paulina

Wait! I forgot the best part about last night! We had a heinous woman with bleach blonde extensions who may have been 40+. She was dancing next to us. Her name was Paulina. She was a terror. Ila says she looked like a genie on crack. It was her birthday and she was an attention whore. She was everywhere, dancing on tables, the bar, her friends. Terror.

Shopping as Locals

We went shopping yesterday too. And we all bought fabulous dresses. And I bought the sweetest pair of silver gladiator sandals for 16 lev... about 10 bucks. We looked fabulous. And apparently Ila and I look Bulgarian because all the people speak to us and all we can do is smile and yelp, "Emilia! That lady said something to me!"

No comments: