Everybody Dance Now

So, I think my new fqvorite thing has got to be running through airports...especially Munich.

Ila and I got off our flight from Sofia and managed to get to Munich 20 minutes before our flight back to Paris. But we weren't sure how much time we had, since neither of us has a watch, cell phone or clock of any kind. Our parents are bringing that when we see them tomorrow.

So, in order to make sure our plane didn't leave, I sprinted down the halls of Munich Airport, flying past 20 gates in less than 3 minutes. Phew. It felt good to run again. Luckily, we had plenty of time and even had a chance to grab some international newspapers with crosswords in them. I won the CW competition, of course. Heh heh.

"It's Beauty in a Tart"

Shockingly, after our connections in Munich, Ila and I also caught our train in Paris to the Quartier Latine. We met up with our parents at their hotel.

Ila and I immediately went to a patisserie and got some amazing french snacks. She had been craving a Tarte au Frese, and I opted for a quiche. So freaking amazing. We sipped espresso and lamented over the cold weather in Paris. It's around 50-60F here everyday. Much different from the last few times we have been here. (ahem, 100+ everyday)

We are both running out of warm clothes, and by warm, I mean not a sun dress that I thought would be perfect for walking around in. So, after the snack we went to our parents hotel and found Ellwyn in the room. Gayle was out shopping already! Which brings me to their next misfortune...

They were in Heathrow, going to Terminal 4, British Airways, when the terror attack was thwarted. All of their luggage was thrown into a huge pile. It is somewhere in the EU right now, and so they literally have the clothes on their back. My dad, Ellwyn the Enginerd, bought 1 clean t-shirt for E3.90. It is a white v-neck that says, "loco forever" with a picture of 2 naked girls on it! He says it epitomizes their misadventures over the last 2 days.

As we were wandering around Paris, I couldn't help but grin at the thought of the next 2 weeks. Here is my priority list:
1. Writing
2. Reading
3. Taking Pictures
4. French Food

And repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

Get psyched! as Ila said about her favorite snack, "It's beauty in a tart!"

No comments: