Live. Laugh. Love.

Two fantastic quotes from Stephane Laurent last night at dinner.

"Here is a map of the triangle of snobism of Ila" upon referring to the cities she knows well in France. (St. Tropez, Biarritz and Deauville)

And, "None of my jazz is out of control" in reference to my dad and him listening to music, all genres, and my request to play some crazy free style jazz.

After the most gorgeous dinner, I lay my head on the pillow waiting to fall asleep. We had salmon on rocket lettuce, rack of lamb, spinace, cheese and a pear tart for dessert. This cacophony of tastes was all pulled together by amazing French wines. Mmm...My palate is back on track.

The rooms Ila and I have for the next 2 weeks are amazing. We are staying in Romain and his brother Arthur's rooms. Romain's family will be in and our for the next 2 weeks. I firmly believe this is the best way to do Europe, or to travel. With great friends. You can take things slowly and savor the moments, Life could not get much better!

The Code

After returning to the same bakery as yesterday's snack, we agreed to get cleaned up and meet our parents at the steps of the Pantheon. Today we will walk around and I will get to take photos of all the classic Parisian monuments. We only had one little baby hiccup.

We have keys to the apartment, but we don't have the door code. Ila forgot to get it. Ay carumba! We passed an internet cafe on the way home, and Ila has the code in an email so she sat down and checked it. The very cute boy working at the internet caf charged us... 50 cents. And the code was no where near what Ila guessed it was. Ah well, c'est la vie living with the Disastro!

No comments: