I've Never Taken a Shower With My Clothes On Before

Last night...couldn't even get an answer.
Tried to call, but Carla let me down...

We went out on the Champs at a club called Madam, also known as Hotter than Hades. Ila and I agreed to meet Claire at the club and so we got all dolled up and took the train to the area. Oh wait, I forgot to mention this was a 7-1 party, meaning show up at 7 and party till 1. What does this mean? Well, we were all glammed up in dresses and heels while it was still light out, and while tons of tourists were milling about.

Awkward.

And Ila sweats. We couldn't walk too fast because she didn't want to break out sweating. Little did she know, we were in for a shower or two.

So, Claire told us in her email that this place was very fancy, hence the dresses. We show up and discover the place and nobody, I repeat nobody is wearing dresses. The guys are all in button downs, ties and dress pants from work and the girls are all wearing black pants and going out shirts. Eek. So, we stuck out a bit, but we agreed it's better to be overdressed than under.

After waiting in line, in the rain, we made it into the club. Let me set the scene.

Small club, probably 1,000 square feet. Large crowd, probably 800 people. That means that you have roughly 1.1 square foot of space to yourself. And then, the inferno started dancing.

We were hot. To say the least.

Ila had a "dew rag" to mop up the sweat but it was useless. I went to the bar (when I say I went to the bar it was more of a shuffle/scoot past the throbbing crowd) and was waiting to get a drink when in comes the boy. Tonight his name was Yann. He was tall, dark and handsome and he started speaking to me. In french. I was able to give him a confused look and muttered, No parlais francais! which he then understood. He spoke pretty good english, though he was a bit intimidated by the language barrier.

So what did he ask you? I hear you all whispering excitedly. Well, he said, you are very tall. How original. I've never heard that one before. But anyways, after waiting ridiculous amounts of time for drinks we went back to the corner of hell. It was a seat for the 4 of us and sitting on the other side of the bench was a boy I will refer to as Josh Groban-stein. He was in love with Ila. From afar.

So we are sitting there with the inferno dancing and smoking, in this small room with no ventilation and the sweat just starts coming. I'm talking dripping, pouring, rolling down your back to your butt sweat. Ila brought a hair tie. I did not. Oh dear, the Mufasa Mane was now getting soaked from my sweat drenched shoulders. Ila was in hell. I really thought I was going to be a puddle on the floor. Oh wait, when I sat down I did have a puddle on the floor by me feet. Sick.

But then Yann motioned for us to come over and sit with he and his friends. So we had a little more room. It was interesting talking to them, Daniel was one of his friends who latched on to Ila right away. And it turns out the tall, gangly guy with them was celebrating his moving out of Paris to none other than Sydney, Australia.

After much more semi-dancing (I was so hot and didn't have much space to move) we headed to the door area. It was a bit cooler there, so we were hanging out when Daniel came over and talked to us again. Apparently, 2 boys thought I was cute because Louis (the guy moving to Sydney) wanted to talk to me but was too shy? Anyways, I ended up giving Daniel my email address to give to Louis. And if that wasn't 5th grade enough, Louis was standing right there by that point and STILL didn't talk to me. So, as we were leaving I was like, Louis! You can email me in Sydney! Bye.

Who knows. It just felt really good to leave the fiery inferno of hell. And when we emerged from the club, it was still light out! And there were parents around! I guess that's what you get when you go to a party at 7pm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry for making you overdressed...as it turned out, you were probably better with 'light' clothES on!!
Claire